Top Left: Bob Gurr poses behind the wheel that started it all. Top Right: The Disneyland Monorail and Matterhorn Bobsleds both engineered by Gurr. Bottom Left: Bob Gurr test rides his design for Autopia at Disneyland Park circa 1955. Bottom Right: Bob Gurr balances on his design for 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea: Submarine Voyage at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
1. Artistic Training Art Center College Of Design in Los Angeles
2. A Start At Disney After graduating in 1952 with a degree in industrial design Bob Gurr was hired by the Ford Motor company. Soon after he decided to go into business for himself under the company name R.H Gurr Industrial Design. Gurr’s start with Disney came as a consultant on the design of miniature cars for Disneyland’s Autopia. Walt Disney was so impressed with his knowledge and skill that he asked Bob to join WED Enterprises, now known as Walt Disney Imagineering. For the next four decades Bob Gurr’s genius would be solely dedicated to the design of iconic attractions for Disneyland Park and Walt Disney World Resort.
3. Widely Recognized For Disney transportation magic. Development and design of the delightful antique cars and double decker buses of Main Street, U.S.A., Disneyland’s Autopia, Matterhorn Bobsleds and the Monorail lines of Disneyland Park and Walt Disney World Resort.
4. Disney Legacy The development of more than 100 designs for Disney Parks attractions. Design and development of Walt Disney’s Magic Skyway presented by Ford Motor Company at the 1964-65 New York World’s Fair. Engineering of the first Audio-Animatronics human figure Abraham Lincoln featured in the iconic Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln.
5. Becoming A Disney Legend Bob Gurr was inducted as a Disney Legend in 2004.