Top Left: Robert Sherman (standing) and Richard Sherman write the music and lyrics for It’s a Small World. Top Right: Together at the Disney Studios. Bottom Left: Introducing new songs with Walt Disney. Bottom Right: Celebrating their Oscar wins for Mary Poppins with Julie Andrews. *Photos courtesy of The Walt Disney Company and the estates of Robert and Richard Sherman.
1. Artistic Training Bard College
2. A Start At Disney The quintessential sound of classic Disney began in 1958 when Tall Paul written by Robert and Richard Sherman was recorded by Mouseketeer Annette Funicello. Tall Paul rose to number seven on the billboard charts and sold over 700,000 singles.
3. Widely Recognized For The soundtrack to Mary Poppins. The Sherman brothers’ incredible work garnered them two Academy Awards for Best Musical Score and Best Song Chim Chim Cher-ee.
4. Disney Legacy Writing more than 200 songs for 27 Disney films and 24 Disney television productions including The Parent Trap, Mary Poppins, The Jungle Book, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, the Winnie the Pooh series, Zorro and Walt Disney’s Wonderful World of Color. Musical scores for the beloved Disneyland attractions Enchanted Tiki Room, It’s a Small World and Carousel of Progress. Musical scores for attractions of the original EPCOT Center and Tokyo Disneyland.
5. Becoming Disney Legends Robert and Richard Sherman were inducted as Disney Legends in 1990.