Whenever I leave Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom it’s always Adventureland I miss most. So many favourite attractions – hello, Jungle Cruise! – and a tropical backdrop I adore. The recent return of Orange Bird to the Sunshine Tree Terrace is the kind of retro goodness that makes my heart sing. To enjoy the classic look of Adventureland at home, here’s how to create an oasis of your own.
1. The colour and palm inspired shape of this outdoor chair are just right. It’s made of flexible recycled plastic, too. Acapulco Chair Hudson’s Bay
2. Cozy up with a retro print Orange Bird Pillow. Orange Bird Home Collection The Disney Store
3. This tray table is the perfect spot for cool summer drinks. Sandskär Tray Table Ikea
4. Debuting at the Sunshine Tree Terrace in 1971 as the official mascot for Florida Citrus Growers at Walt Disney World – the delightful Orange Bird is back. Fresh juice will taste twice as good from this Orange Bird Glass Pitcher. Orange Bird Home Collection The Disney Store
5. A wood serving tray adds just the right tropical charm. GlucksteinHome Wood Serving Tray Hudson’s Bay
6. Dole Whip, anyone? Adventureland wouldn’t be complete without this classic treat. Get the look with this whimsical canister. Charleston Decor Ceramic Pineapple Joss & Main
7. Achieve a lush backdrop – with no gardening at all. This tropical plant will look fresh on your terrace all summer long. Faux Areca Palm Joss & Main